Saturday, March 21, 2009

Oly to NYC

Hey out there to all you back at home and such! I just wanted to put out there how my spring break has been so far!So after flying 5 hours on a plane from WA to NJ. We made it there at midnight only to miss so many connecting trains. That we miss the shuttle to Princeton. We then proceed to call a taxi and the guy driving was funny and foreign but it was four in the morning so I didn't care.Erin and I decided that we would get up at nine at leave for NYC at ten. We did so, although I didn't actually get to bed till 5.. as it be only like two in the morning OLY time. I slept till 8 tried to sleep more didn't work.. so I rolled out of bed showered.. and got ready for NYC..We take the train up to NYC and we start our day with coffee. It was a very bad coffee, because I refused to get my first cup at Starbucks. The first thing I see is Madison Square Garden and The Fuse Network.. Pictures were taken everywhere if you guys want to check it out. I told Erin we should check out Upright Citizens Brigade (An improv school in NYC) so we reserved tickets for the show later that night. We walked over there just to know where it would be at. I got all giggly as soon as I saw it. From that point we got on the subway and head to Central Park. I really wanted to see the Bethesda Fountain in Person. When we got to Central Park we stopped at Strawberry field and there was a flower art piece on the ground (take a look at the pictures) it was awesome and a guy who was playing Wonderwall by Oasis.. totally forgot the words.. But it was okay, it was still awesome! We make our way to the fountain and it was breath taking. I almost starting crying. I went up and touched it and tears formed. It was beautiful!We walked through the park and finished with Time Square and NBC... Radio City and Rockerfeller.. and all that Jazz. Everything was so amazing. I went into the lobby of NBC.. and thought Man if only I worked here.. yah know. I went to the store and found a key chain with my name on it.. With my name .. That is so hard to find!!!! Of course I bought it and a SNL pin as well. I also bought an I heart NY shirt.. but that's okay.. I don't live there. :DTime square was packed and there was naked guys offering pictures. ( I took one of them not with them.) Then we head to UCB.. It was amazing.. The show was hilarious and I really want to study there now. I can't wait till I have the chance to perform on that stage! I've decided that I going to go there after I graduate! Manhattan is awesome, busy, and at the same time calm. I had a glorious day and I hope we can make it back to NYC on Tuesday for Harold night at UCB... Lets hope.. lolNight for Jersey!

No comments: