Monday, May 3, 2010

Creeper

I'm sitting in the other morning language class because the computer lab is being over ran by tourists. Sean was nice enough to let me sit in the back of the class. I'm using this time to try and upload photos. Fingers crossed for it to work! It has failed on me so many times I'm getting fed up.

Last night we had another Sean-nos session from the most beautiful voices ever. Geariodin Bhreatnach was our teacher last night. Along with her daughters Sinead and Deidre, whom are identical twins and sing like angels. The link to a youtube clip they have isposted on my facebook page. I know I'm not a great singer but I would love to give a try at Sean-nos because to me it really moves me and sounds so beautiful. I also want to keep the tradition alive. Not many americans sing sean-nos and I would love to be one of them. I'd be willing to stay another few years (LOL) to get somewhat good at it.

No music has ever kept me so captivated before. I am almost moved to tears every time I listen to it! As we speak I am singing along with the other class. The song is just so beautiful and I can't help it.

*Okay let me say that my computer can not do fada's or the accents above the letters. So just be okay with it.

The song is called

Criocha 'n Oileain Uir (The Ends of the New World)

I bhfad o bhaile a thriall mo stor go criocha 'n Oileain Uir
Is d'fhag si mise anseo faoi bhron, 's gan triomu ar mo shuil
Luaigheadh me leithe i dtus mo lae 's nach true leat fein mo sceal
O 'gra mo chroi mo chailin deas, 's i thogfadh domhsa cian.

(This is the first verse only)

Bearla *English

Far from home, a journey my love to the ends of the New World
And she left me here in sorrow without drying my eyes
I was promised with her from the beginning, isn't it a sad story of my own
Oh love of my heart, my pretty girl, she would lift my spirits.


Isn't it pretty. I plan to get it down so maybe when I get back I will sing it for you!

Hopefully...!

SLAN!

No comments: