Sunday, April 18, 2010

Any change I've Given Thee....

Lets just say that this is going to change me for the better. It's going to be a huge change within me mentally and physically. I mean physically by the fact that I walk everywhere. If I don't have a six pack by the time I get back to the states (if I get back) I will be sad. LOL!!!

So if you haven't heard that there is a huge Volcano errupting in Iceland and all air traffic has been cancelled to Ireland for the next two weeks. We here at school have been keep track of what the status is on most of our flights out within the next month. We don't know what will happen and if push comes to shove and I don't have a flight back I will take a boat. There are too many important things I can't miss, like Quinns Graduation and HOBY! I will not get stuck in Ireland. Although that would be pretty cool! It will just be really expensive and I can't really afford to stay any longer than I've already planned.

From what you have read in the previous blog post I made it to the Gleann safe and sound. Last night we officially started class with a lecture about traditional Irish music. Today we are going on a huge ass hike to a watch tower. Did I ever mention how much I hate excercise. :D Just kidding! It will be good for me because lord knows that I've eaten enough nutella to feed a small army! However, I am looking forward to classes to get underway. I love Ireland but still part of me wants to be back home. I really want to share this experience with the people whom I love and care about deeply. I hope you guys have been enjoying the photos, videos and blog posts. Feeling that this is the only way for at least until I get home that I can share this with you.

I just wanted to give another mention to Scraps (the Irish Puppy). He lives not but five minutes from our cottage and I see him when ever I walk to town or to school. I can't possibly begin to say how much he makes my heart go all soft and gushy. I love that little dog and he makes me happy. Just to see him everyday makes my day. He is a very loving pup and doesn't stray to far from home so I have no worries of him following me anywhere.

Last night was just a relaxed night were I just layed in bed, listened to music and wrote in my lovely handmade journal. This journal was made for me by my momma and I love it. It's nice to be able to keep some personal thoughts to myself and then share what I want here.

As for today and the hike it should be grand. I have no qualms (sp) about this town or this trip. Each experience is something that I'm going to hold with my dearly for the rest of my life. The people I've met and will hold true in my heart for the same length of time.

Also I will say because this made my night. I found a wine glass the size of a shot glass last night. A legit tiny wine glass with a stem that I had two drinks from last night. I know it was barely any liquid but hot damn it was great. I felt so classy with my mini wine glass. I know I'm a dork but hey what are you gonna do?

Well till next time!
Slán

No comments: