Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Best Day Til Tomorrow

Hullo People, friends and family!

I know I haven't been keepthing this up at the rate I should. Oh well, it is not like you guys are waiting with baited breath to read these thing right?!?!

Let's see what has happened since the last post..

OKAY let me first get this off my mind because it seriously bugs the hell out of me. I am naturally a fast walker and it pisses me off when people walk really slow or just stop for no reason! If I want to take a casual stroll I can, don't get me wrong. I love taking nice walks along sandy beaches.... Okay must remember this is not a dating service. In the moonlight........... Oh.. Haha! I know I shouldn't complain but what the hell people, walk faster!!!

Yesterday I had a hostel mate that was a 50 year old chinese woman who snored worse than... well a pig. It was really bad because I could hear her over my music in my headphones. My music was pretty loud! O.o

I got to see a lot of things Easter 1916 related yesterday, like the surrender site. Also the memorial they have on the north side of the city. Please check out facebook photos, they will be up later tonight. It is an breathtaking memorial and again I cried. I seriously have cried so much on this trip that by the time I get back to the states I will have dried all my tears up. I have a feeling that when we go up to Derry and see the Bloody Sunday .. well everything from the Troubles up there, I'm just going to lose it. It is a good thing I brought two different hankies with me! Plus I will have plenty of shoulders!! How I love my classmates for that. They are really supportive when you need someone.

I also now have a great love for Nutella and plain White bread (in a loaf break fresh daily) mmmmhmmm.. must have for the cottage in the Gleann!!! MUUUUUSSSTTT! I love it so much much because its cheap and good. I am eating cheaply well as much as I can. Sometimes I do treat myself because hell I don't know when I'm coming to Dublin again! Although I do miss a homecooked meal, like grilled cheese and mato soup! Five more week and I get all that I want! It is going to go bye so slow but so fast. I have no idea how to think of this. I want it to last but I'm also homesick and feel kind of out of place being the Yank.

It really helps to have my music with me because it is something I really rely on it. The music keeps me sane and in a good place mentally. It is because so much of my music holds really dear memories for me that I can rely on and remember home! Alas, before I know it I will be home.

One more thing... I keep seeing people that look like people from back home and I tried yelling at one of them thinking it was my friend and the guy was really afraid.. Haha.. Or when I was sitting in my hostel really bored like two nights ago and thought I would go bug Xandre (friend from evergreen) and the rest of the S307 crew... but I couldn't because they weren't here.. Haha.. sometimes my mind plays tricks on me..

Well see you later!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

best day til tomorrow! i love this song. everything sounds like it's going amazing! i can't wait until i get back to the states so i can go on facebook (we aren't allowed to here) and see all the pictures!!