Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Forever not to walk.. longing to RUN!!!

Lets just say yesterday was an adventure. I got to discover Ireland Health Care system first hand. Well more like small town travel doctor. I got a drive out of town to Carrick which is a neighboring town in the same parish. You will never be scared for you life unless you drive in the back roads with an Irish woman. Not that I didn’t feel safe. It’s just that when you are sitting in the seat that you usually be driving from and you see cars coming on what you think is your side of the road you can get a little freaked out. Let me just say that, but I made it safely.

At the office as I waited for my turn some old duffer had to see the nurse for a vaccination. He heads into her office and she shuts the door. After a few moments I heard “In me BUM?! CHRIST!” I of course despite my pain practically laughed up my rib cage where as the other old duffer sitting next to me just stared at me. Like, “What for the love god is so funny?” They soon left after and the old duffer who got his behind pricked left rubbing his backside. I chuckled lightly to myself knowing that I would remember this moment for the rest of my life. After that a little old woman entered and sat not too far from me. She kept staring at me for which I was confused. Soon I learned that Brigid was looking at my discomfort. Brigid asked me if I was in pain, I told her I just probably bruised the bone and that I should be fine. She said and I quote “ You know what would fix that, A cup of tea.” Also when her name was called before mine she tried to give up her spot so I could go before her. It is people like this that make me love Ireland even more. Hospitality lives strong here and that was the perfect example. Denying that hospitality would have been very wrong of me. Although I let her go before me because I’m nice like that and I will live with the shame that I denied her hospitality. About the tea (tae in Irish) it seriously can fix anything over here. Your car is broken? Well then let it have a cup of tea. It will be all better in the morning!

All in all I ended up with a bruised bone just like I thought. The meds? Stay off it for about ten days or so, which included no hiking. Did I ever follow the rules? Nope! I secretly hate when people ( well since I’m putting it here I guess it’s not a secret anymore) but I secretly hate it when people dote on me. Not that I don’t appreciate it when they do go out of their ways for me. I don’t want to be a burden is all. When I am not able to take care of myself I feel low. I don’t know exactly how to explain it, just low. I know it has only be one day on the no walking thing, but damnit I want to run, frolic, and leap like the sheepin’s! (lambs)

Last night was our first craft night to which we are doing weaving. Which I look forward too because really all that we have done is lectures and seminars. I will love being able to work with my hands once more!

Slan!

2 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Glad it was not serious and do take it easy honey...You don't generally find people over here that would do what that Lovely Irish Lady did..And yes Tea solves all problems in the world...

FlightFancy said...

oh...oh..I can feel the back of my hand raising.....oh oh swoon....feint away...LOL Love you babe, actually a cuppa would be lovely! :) I'm glad to hear it's just a bruise.