Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Odd things in low places!

I just wanted to say a little bit about random things that have occured to me in the last few days.

Like the light switches because they go in the opposite direction than in the states. So to turn the lights on you make sure the switch in turned down. Also you can plug in your electronics but it wouldn't matter because you have to turn the power on to that specific outlet. In some case I think this a great way to manage your electricty use. However you have to also do this for the stove and I forget about that part. I always wonder why my water takes forever to boil. :P

I have found what my friends and I have deamed "cow sheep". These very few lambs have the black and white spotting of our bovine friends. Pictures will be posted soon!

For the longest time I couldn't fall asleep to silence. A fan had to go on all night or at least I would fall asleep to the tv. I love now falling asleep to the soft bleeting of sheeps and lambs. I never thought for the longest time that I would be able to fall asleep in such a calm enviroment. It is something you have to experience first hand. Then to wake up to the coarse wind and rain on your windows is something that I will always remember.

I have been here for a month as of yesterday! WOOT! It feels much longer however. I feel like I have dove deeply into this country never to swim back to the surface. What the surface is I don't know. Will I ever know?! That I also don't know. I want to keep the surface something bright that I long for but also something dark and black. Something that I fear for going to. I don't think you can conquer anything without a little fear. Am I afraid of the surface, well hell of course I am. If I wasn't I wouldn't be human.

So for that much love for everyone back home! I look forward to seeing everyone once again!

V~

1 comment:

FlightFancy said...

Viv, you are a fantastic young woman...miss you around here. Can't wait to hear the stories first hand! (and get a big squoodge)