Friday, April 2, 2010

Hey HO! Dublin

What is up?! I'm just in my hostel, watching Disney movies on Youtube and munching on nommy bread from M & S. I got a huge loaf for 2€ it will last me a few days! Bonus.

Today the weather was cold and wet. I hated the weather today. Also I woke up at 6 am because of one of my hostel mates phones. Ugh... I'm not a morning person at all!!! It was bad enough that I couldn't go back to sleep. So I just laid there and chatted on facebook! I hope all those back at Evergreen had a good first week of classes! I know I did :)!

Today's big adventure was supposed to be the Guinnes Factory! So after shopping around to find a hat. I have one but it was soaked from a previous day and was not dry yet. I couldn't find one and I was really really sad. However I made my way to the factory and while walking there I saw an reanactment of Jesus on the cross. Pictures are on facebook. For those of you who don't know I'm atheist. I gave up religion after my grandfather died. Despite this fact when I saw this tears came to my eyes. I don't know exactly why. Was it that the acting was good or was it the fact that I was still angry at my grandfathers passing. I still at this point don't know why and hope to reflect on it later.

Today I was able to tour the Christ Church Cathedral. Such a beautiful church and to be there on Good Friday was amazing. Just being is something that old made me love the fact that I was alive to see this. I got to see chalices from the 15 and 16th centuries. Bibles that were older and I was just stunned at the beauty. The stained glass work was astonishing and I wish I could do that.

I made it to another Cathedral as to where I lit a candle and I prayed. Yes I prayed I don't know what to, but I prayed. I prayed for my grandfather Larry, my friends traveling abroad, and for guidance. Right now I feel lost despite knowing what I am doing for this summer and next year. I just feel so lost and I can't find an entrance or an exit. I also prayed for acceptance to that fact that I fear failing at anything really. After I left this place I was shocked at myself that I prayed. It felt weird because I hadn't done that for years and let alone for anyone besides my problems.

I finally made it to the Guinness factory. I walked all the way from City Centre to this place to find it was closed due to Good Friday. Check out the video on facebook for more about this.

I came back to the hostel and fell asleep while at the computer. The videos take a while to load but based on the comments I'm getting back I think it is worth it! After that I decided to check out a comedy club.. but lo and behold IT WAS CLOSED... Ahhh Good Friday you do me wrong. It was only a minor pain in the ass.. Haha... Well as for today... I was able to start today at a coffee shop that wasn't at all bad and I just chilled there while people watching near Trinity College. Soon I will get out of the city I just need to plan better. Haha I must be more of a tourist!!! I must I must!!! Well for now its 11 and time for bed.. night Yall.. keep checking for posts.

1 comment:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Sounds like a very interesting day honey...And the Old Churches are so beautiful no matter what part of the world you are in...So Good Friday interfered with you getting into the comedy club...but there is always tomorrow night...Have a good rest...