Monday, April 5, 2010

So much to say!

The first thing I want to say is Happy Berfday to my widdle brudder, Quinn. He turned 18 today on all of the glorious April days! If I was there I would have bought him his first playboy ;). Just kidding mom... maybe!

I got to hang out with Betsy for the last day and half! It has been pretty awesome to get to see some faces I know. Tonight we also met up with Shaina for her one night in Dublin before France. Tomorrow we get to see Ian, as I said it's great to see some many faces I know. I don't feel so alone anymore! Not that I did.. Okay I sorta did, I was homesick for a while.

So, as of today around 4pm I booked a train ticket and a hostel stay in Galway. I will be going there next week for five nights. Dublin is great but I really need to see more of Ireland. Not that I won't when I go up to Donegal but I want to see more than that. I'll go check it out for a while and then come back to Dublin for a night to meet up with my class to bus up to the Glen. I can't wait to see the rest of my class! For the Craic (fun) will be mighty.

Besty and I also went to the Old Jameson Distillery today and that was pretty epic. Did you know that the cat you caught all the mice back when Jameson actually was alive, is stuffed and on display. That is one freaking ole' cat. The cat was called smithy and caught up to twenty mice a day. At the end of the tour we got a free Jameson plus a mixer, or straight whiskey. I think one of my new favorite drinks is Cranberry and Jameson. NOM NOM!!! So note to self when I get back to Yelm for the summer must have a bottle of Jameson on hand!

I also saw racism in Ireland happen first hand. A very drunk skinhead dropped his trash on the ground near a parking garage. Now, mind you in Dublin everywhere has door man or security guard. The security guard for the parking garage ( a guy from the middle east) started to ask the man to pick up his trash. The skinhead just flipped right there and started calling him... well I'm not going to repeat because it was pretty harsh. Lets just say that the skinhead ran into the Garda(police) pretty much right after than and got hauled off.

Well, I know that I should really be keeping up with this more often; but I get really tired from the days highjinks when I get back to my hostel. I am tryng my best! Oh and there are new pictures on facebook so go have a look see!

Slan!

(I really wish my computer would do fadas)

No comments: