Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dublin Three!

So it is my well I just going to lose track! Hahah I guess.

Today involved a lot fo walking, and I mean for serious! You may wonder why I go into such detail in my posts. It is because I'm going to look at this later to use for my final project. It helps me remember! I actually made it to the free breakfast this morning! Another bonus I got a shower!! Hell yes! They had no cold water at all. I like warm showers.... but not to the point that you are going to burn your skin off!

My main goal today was to see the play "Philadelphia, Here I Come" by Brian Friel. It is a play we read for class and was probably one of my favorites! I ended up getting a ticket at a discount price because they were trying to sell the unsold one person seats.. You know the ones between the couples. The seats that are awkward. I got one of those!! It was amazing and done so well!!!! If you ever get the chance to see it do so! The character of Gar Private is my favorite and the actor who play this role did a fantastic job. He reminded me a lot of the character Cosmo Brown from Singing in the Rain. (Vivian Random Fact*** my favorite movie.) It was interesting to watch because of the theatre lens I have been taught to portray things. Which is a very absurdist lens, or experimental theatre. I was able to turn that lens off and just be happy and enjoy the play without thinking about why they did this or chose this object.

I walked around a lot like a said before and my legs hurt horribly. It doesn't matter because I'm walking around a lot tomorrow! Guinness factory here I come! Hahaha. I went to St. Stephens Green which is an amazing park. If the weather gets better than today I think I might take a chill day and go read there.

I walked around Grafton St. which is the shopping district and I looked at all the awesome " I can't afford these" clothes. I also saw a lot of street performers today. Most of them had tricks involving straight jackets. However there was a band and they were amazing. I didn't have a ten to get their CD. Most sad but I know their names.. I think.. I can find it somewhere. Order their cd from there.

I also went to the National Was Museum of Ireland today. That was a hoot and a half. Go check out my facebook for the photos. I can't really say what my favorite part was because all of it was kind of great. The weirdest part was as I headed to the "childrens" section there was a tunnel and I was like Okay if you want a full grown person to get on their hands and knees.. Whatever. So I crawled through the tunnel like a dumba**.... and it led to the hallway I started from. That was a major facepalm for me!

Aftger the play as I walked home it was dark. I thought if I just acted like I knew where I was going which I did of course.. I just didn't want to seem like the lone tourist. A jacket upgrade really helped with that aspect. Then it popped into my head .. "What if I actually lived here" .. as if I never left or just came back after I graduated. Then that got me thinking of back home. I may have only been gone so far for a few days. I just really feel disconnected from home and my friends. For some reason it feels like when I get back that I will no longer know anybody. That the states was my old forgotten life. I'm here and Ireland is what I am. I think this is just homesickness. Its been weird not bugging Xandre or Tyler everyday. Going to class four days a week. Seeing random Evergreen people everywhere. Not being to call my mom onthe phone. Don't get me wrong I love this. I love being in Ireland and I love the experience I'm having I just am kind of sad panda right now. I know that this feeling will pass.

For right now.. I'm just in my hostel resting my legs! My hostel is really nice and the beds are super comfy!!! I have two hostel mates so far. Muki (Japan) and Anya (Switzerland {sp}) Both are pretty kick ass.. plus they don't snore so that is the bigger bonus!! I think Ill leave it here. Check out for more Vblogs coming to your nearest theatre!!

No comments: